Have you been given the power and the authority you need to answer the call? Have you been given the power and the authority you need to go and do what you have been assigned? Have you been given the tasks and purpose for what you are about to do? Was it a call like when Jesus sent out the 12? Was it a call to go and wait for the Holy Spirit to come before you are to go out and start your new mission? If God calls you to it then He will give you what is needed to accomplish it! If God calls you to it then He will empower you to be able to do it! Don’t allow lies or fear to rob you of the blessings of God! I know when God called me to step up I came up with so many reasons and excuses why I couldn’t up until that day when He gave me the ultimatum – You will be president or you will be nothing, you choose. When you take up the call and step out in faith trusting and believing God, it is amazing to watch and see how He has prepared in advance every good works He has for you to accomplish, it is amazing to see how He will use you to touch lives and transform a community! Will you trust Him when He calls you? Will you forgive people who hurt you? Will you do good to those who persecute you? Will you love the unlovable? Will you love the bad? It may be easier to love the good people or the lovable people, but will you answer the call to love all people like God does? Will you testify and share the miracles of God through your obedience and God’s faithfulness? Will you resist the devil so that He will flee? Will you call out in the name of Jesus, the name above all names, the name that has power? Will you choose to be on the winning side of the eternal battle for your soul and receive Jesus and spend eternity with God? This is the day that the Lord has made … How will you choose to live it out? Will you rejoice and be glad in it?
Day 52: 2020 Hindsight
— The 49-Week Challenge —
— Day 52 —
With January in the rear view mirror, let’s share our takeaways from today’s reading! Did you catch and promises to trust? Did you catch any commands to obey? Did you catch any truths to embrace? Did you catch any warnings to heed? Did you catch any encouragement to rest in? What did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about the world? What verse stood out most to you today?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from: (I have chosen to use NIV translation, but feel free to choose whichever version you feel more comfortable with)
- Will you only take what God tells you to take? Will you trust God be your provision?
- Will you take what you have and trust God to make it as much as you need?
- What if you only have 5 loaves and 2 fish?
- What if you only have a small jar of oil?
- Will you give what you have to God and allow Him to bless it and multiply it?
- Will you trust Jesus that there will be more than enough to meet the needs? Leftovers!
- Will you trust Him even if it things get hard?
- Will you trust Him even if you face trials or troubles?
- Will you do what God says or risk losing your soul?
- Will you choose to follow Jesus?
- Would you accept all the treasures of this world at the cost of losing your eternal destination?
- Will you give up your plans in order to accomplish God’s will and plan?
- How great is your faith? How many jars would you have brought or asked for from your neighbors?
- Would you be willing to receive the promise of God?
- Would you accept the gift God has for you?
- Would you go to God when you have a need? Will you receive the blessing God has for you?
- Would you allow God’s touch to transform and heal you?
- Don’t you want to get to be in the presence of God?
- Don’t you want to spend eternity with God?
As day 52 of 2020 begins, I would hate to miss giving the opportunity to anyone who hasn’t received Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Savior an opportunity to make the decision this early into 2020 and the blessing to get to live out the rest of 2020 in that power and that truth and that hope.
If you would like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, why not join me in this prayer?
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?