Ever wished you could put words you spoke back into your mouth? Ever said something you wished you could unsay? Did you actually consider the words before you spoke them? Did you consider the implications of your statement? Do you understand your audience? Do you realize the consequences of your words when you speak to them? Words have power! Words have the power to build up and to tear down! Consider which will happen based on the words you choose to speak. Think before you speak and even consider that when you speak you want to ensure what you are saying is Truthful, Helpful, Inspiring, Necessary, Kind. Imagine if your words would end up tearing down someone’s life or even getting them killed. Imagine if your words could instead tear down lies and deception. Imagine if your words could build up people who are lost and suffering. How will you choose your words today?
Do realize this is valid in person, over the phone, and via social media…
Day 50: 2020 Hindsight
— The 49-Week Challenge —
— Day 50 —
With January in the rear view mirror, let’s share our takeaways from today’s reading! Did you catch and promises to trust? Did you catch any commands to obey? Did you catch any truths to embrace? Did you catch any warnings to heed? Did you catch any encouragement to rest in? What did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about the world? What verse stood out most to you today?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from: (I have chosen to use NIV translation, but feel free to choose whichever version you feel more comfortable with)
- Are you taking or using anything that would impact your thoughts?
- Are you willing to do and to say what is necessary for the situation or circumstance?
- Are you willing to go and find out what is going on or what is troubling others?
- Are you willing to make time in the midst of your busy day?
- Are you willing to lift up their needs and their cares up to God?
- Are you prioritizing people above things? above time? above yourself?
- Are you ready to step and do what is needed?
- Are you ready to step out and speak out in this time of need?
- Are you willing to do what is necessary?
- Are you willing to fast and bring the cares before God?
- Will you go to a place where things are challenging?
- Will you put your hope and trust into God’s hand?
- Will you step up and step out to do what God is accomplished for you?
- How would you respond if given the offer of anything up to half the kingdom?
- Will you allow bitterness and rage to control your responses?
- Will you allow pride to cause you to boast?
- Will you allow pride to inflate your before you fall?
- Will you setup something that would backfire and blow up in your face?
- Will you setup something that would be used against you?
- Will you answer without context or clarification?
- Will you allow pride to get in the way of humiliating yourself?
- Will you allow pride to make everything be about you when you answer rather than asking clarifying questions?
- Do you have good advisers? Do you have people you can trust?
- Pride comes before the fall!
As day 50 of 2020 begins, I would hate to miss giving the opportunity to anyone who hasn’t received Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Savior an opportunity to make the decision this early into 2020 and the blessing to get to live out the rest of 2020 in that power and that truth and that hope.
If you would like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, why not join me in this prayer?
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?