Ever considered that only thing that stays the same is that things keep changing? How do you deal with change? Does it make a difference where the change happens? At home vs away from home? Your group vs other groups? Process vs people? Position vs location? Leadership vs colleagues? How do you respond to change? Do you embrace it? Do you resist it? Do you go with the flow? Does it make you feel uncomfortable? Does it make you feel worried or anxious? What does change mean to you?
Ever considered what Solomon said?
What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.— Ecclesiastes 1:9
Day 43: 2020 Hindsight
— The 49-Week Challenge
– Day 43 —
Let’s share our takeaways from today’s reading! Did you catch and promises to trust? Did you catch any commands to obey? Did you catch any truths to embrace? Did you catch any warnings to heed? Did you catch any encouragement to rest in? What did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about the world? What verse stood out most to you today?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from: (I have chosen to use NIV translation, but feel free to choose whichever version you feel more comfortable with)
- Do you know how to make space when being crowded?
- Do you know how to evaluate what is going on around you?
- Do you know how to properly respond to pressure, growth, and/or change?
- Do you understand the environment you are in?
- Do you understand the state of hearts of the people around you?
- Do you understand how they want to be treated?
- Do you understand how to be communicate with them?
- Do you understand their needs?
- Are you a good listener?
- Can you hear beyond the words, even when you don’t have a way to capture their body language or tone?
- You are to be salt and light in this world! Do you know how to handle the light? Do you know how to spice things up in a good way?
- Do you realize the power of faith? Do you realize that even a small amount can transform a situation?
- Don’t let the storms of change create fear in your life!
- Give fear, anxiety, worry up over to God!
- God is willing to make an exchange are you willing to give up the old for new? Are you willing to give bad for good? Are you willing to give up fear for faith? Are you willing to give up worry for hope? Are you willing to give up anxiety for courage?
- Allow Jesus to calm the situation! Either calm the storm or calm your heart (the storm in you)!
- Be still and know that He is God!
- God is in control!
- Do you realize what is taking place now?
- Do you realize what happened in the past?
- Will you learn from the past or need to go thru the trials and tribulations on your own?
- Will you learn from the past and turn back to God or will you keep your distance from God and have to deal with the consequences?
- Will you obey God? Will you resist God with evil hearts?
- Do you realize how good God is?
- Do you realize how good it is to praise God?
- Do you realize that we can live as living sacrifices to the Lord in order to bring Him praise and honor and glory in Jesus’s name?
- Will you put your hope in God’s unfailing love?
- Will you put your trust in the Lord with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength?
- Will you pursue God and His rules and guidance and wisdom?
- In the midst of change, will you put your hope and trust in man or in God?
- Don’t allow pride to take hold and cause you to be tripped up and fall! Pride comes before the fall!
- Let’s choose and decide to receive Jesus and get to spend eternity with God!
As day 43 of 2020 begins, I would hate to miss giving the opportunity to anyone who hasn’t received Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Savior an opportunity to make the decision this early into 2020 and the blessing to get to live out the rest of 2020 in that power and that truth and that hope.
If you would like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, why not join me in this prayer?
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?