Trusted adviser or good listener? What do you do when you hear about conflicts? What do you do when people’s plans don’t seem to align? What do you do when they play as friend but you have observed behavior that may make them a foe? What do you do when they try to play ally and then become very adversarial? How do you take their input? How do you take their advice? How do you know if they are looking after your best interest or their own?
38You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’ 39But I tell you not to resist an evil person. If someone slaps you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also; 40if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well; 41and if someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two. 42Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.
43You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,r 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Do not even tax collectors do the same? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even Gentiles do the same?
48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.”— Matthew 5:38-48
21If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat, and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink.
22For in so doing, you will heap burning coals on his head, and the LORD will reward you.— Proverbs 25:21-22
God’s Word speaks to how to respond or act when you know. God’s Word also tells us that we can tell by their fruits.
God’s Word also speaks to discerning wolves from sheep by their fruits too.
Day 40: 2020 Hindsight
— The 49-Week Challenge
– Day 40 —
Let’s share our takeaways from today’s reading! Did you catch and promises to trust? Did you catch any commands to obey? Did you catch any truths to embrace? Did you catch any warnings to heed? Did you catch any encouragement to rest in? What did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about the world? What verse stood out most to you today?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from: (I have chosen to use NIV translation, but feel free to choose whichever version you feel more comfortable with)
- What are you sowing? You realize that you will reap what you sow right?
- Do you realize the soil available for you to plant and work with?
- Do you realize that based on the soil there is different preparation work required before you can sow?
- Do you realize that God provides us with bread to eat and seeds to sow? Don’t eat the seeds and miss the opportunity to reap from your sowing?
- Do you realize the obstacles to a good harvest?
- Don’t allow trouble or persecution to rob you of the joy of the Lord!
- Don’t allow worries or the deceitfulness of wealth keep you from the truth of God’s Word!
- Prepare yourself and others that when they hear the Good News they can receive it and have a harvest of multiplication.
- Let’s realize how to respond when people try to put weeds in the midst of our good seeds being planted.
- Let’s allow the seeds to grow and then at the time of harvest, when the weeds are distinguishable, pull the weeds and tie them up so they can be burned up. Let’s then gather the harvest!
- Don’t lose hope! Even if you have faith the size of a mustard seed you have enough to accomplish God’s will.
- God knows our hearts! God will be able to separate the good from the evil! God will be able to separate the righteous from the wicked.
- God knows our thoughts! Are you living for good or for evil?
- Consider the parables of Jesus and their meaning to our lives and how we are to live.
- Let’s put our trust in God! Let’s live knowing God!
- Go beyond knowing about Jesus and start a relationship with Jesus!
- God knows what we have need of before we ask! So don’t babel on but instead ask according to His will so that you will receive it, seek so that you will find it, knock so that it will be opened to you.
- It’s more than a wall or a building or a possession, it is about redemption through Jesus Christ our Lord!
- Will you humble yourself for the sake of others?
- Will you serve as a leader so that others may realize the love of God?
- Do not be afraid! Trust in God!
- Realize that the truth will set you free!
- Realize that God’s already won the victory!
- The heart of the king is in the hand of the Lord!
- Remember the battle belongs to the Lord!
- Our God saves!
- Who will you trust?
- How will you live?
- Speak truth in love?
- Put your trust in God rather than in yourself or your things!
As day 40 of 2020 begins, I would hate to miss giving the opportunity to anyone who hasn’t received Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Savior an opportunity to make the decision this early into 2020 and the blessing to get to live out the rest of 2020 in that power and that truth and that hope.
If you would like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, why not join me in this prayer?
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?