What to do when people moderate their words because they don’t want you to use it against them? What to do when people trust you enough to share information? What to do when people are taking control of a new situation? What to do when they try to bring you along in the journey? What to do when it is causing the team to question? What to do when it is causing the team to feel bad? What to do when leaders are getting so stressed that they are being too aggressive? What to do when you don’t know what to do? Where to turn when you don’t know where to go? How to respond when you don’t know what to say?
Turn to God! Seek wisdom from the Holy Spirit! Be willing to not only talk but to listen! Don’t let your prayer time be like a phone call where you leave your order and then hangup! Why not let your prayer time be like a phone call where you talk and listen to what your friend has to say?
Turn to God’s Word which is good for teaching us what is true and to realize what needs help or fixing in our lives, corrects us when we go wrong, and teaches us to do what is right! 2 Timothy 3:16
Day 39: 2020 Hindsight
— The 49-Week Challenge
– Day 39 —
Let’s share our takeaways from today’s reading! Did you catch and promises to trust? Did you catch any commands to obey? Did you catch any truths to embrace? Did you catch any warnings to heed? Did you catch any encouragement to rest in? What did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about the world? What verse stood out most to you today?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from: (I have chosen to use NIV translation, but feel free to choose whichever version you feel more comfortable with)
- As we listen let us discern what is being really expressed and said through the prism of God’s Word and the Holy Spirit
- Let us see beyond the words and the body language to understand the intent
- Let us consider how God would have us respond and act
- So let’s take Jesus’s example and way for us to pray, not babbling words endlessly but knowing God hears us and cares for us.
- Let’s praise God as we begin to pray
- Let’s ask for what we have need of, God’s provision
- Let’s ask for forgiveness
- Let’s lift up those who we need to forgive and forgive them
- Let’s ask for God’s protection and wisdom so that we don’t get lead into temptation
- Let’s persevere and persist, not giving up because we haven’t receive the answer to our prayer yet
- Let’s ask so that it will be given to us
- Let’s seek so that it will be found by us
- Let’s knock so that it will be opened to us
- Let’s ask our Heavenly Father for the Holy Spirit
- Let’s stand united
- Let’s not allow division to come into the situation for a house divided against itself will fall.
- Stand guard and be prepared so that when the enemy tries to come and bring divisiveness you are prepared and and can resist it
- Let’s come together and make sure we are all together and united knowing who is with us and who is against us
- Let’s take hold of God’s Word and obey it!
- Let’s take hold of the story of Jesus who overcame the grave after being the ultimate sacrifice to provide a way to forgiveness and eternal life with God!
- Let’s allow our light shine! Let’s take it out so that other may see it and glorify our Father in Heaven!
- Let’s allow Jesus purify our hearts and minds so that our words, our thoughts, and our actions will bring God praise, honor, and glory in Jesus’s name.
- Let’s allow Jesus’s way to be the burden we share and pickup since the burden is light and the yoke is easy!
- Let’s share knowledge and wisdom from God with all those God brings into our lives and along our paths
- Let’s bring God our first fruits! Let’s bring God our best offerings! Let’s return to God what is His! Let’s be living sacrifices, holy and acceptable to God!
- Let’s help the least of these! Let’s help the orphans and widows!
- Let’s consider how God would have us to do this
- Let’s keep God’s commands as His treasured people
- It’s not a matter of age, let’s just do what is right in the eyes of God!
- Let’s turn to God’s Word in order to receive wisdom and direction
- Let’s not grow weary of doing what is good!
- Don’t abandon God – stay and return to Him!
- Will you have an answer to God’s questions when you are called before Him?
Wisdom’s Call— Proverbs 8
1 Does not wisdom call out?Does not understanding raise her voice? 2 At the highest point along the way,where the paths meet, she takes her stand; 3 beside the gate leading into the city,at the entrance, she cries aloud:4“To you, O people, I call out;I raise my voice to all mankind. 5 You who are simple, gain prudence;you who are foolish, set your hearts on it.8:5 Septuagint; Hebrew foolish, instruct your minds 6 Listen, for I have trustworthy things to say;I open my lips to speak what is right. 7 My mouth speaks what is true,for my lips detest wickedness. 8 All the words of my mouth are just;none of them is crooked or perverse. 9 To the discerning all of them are right;they are upright to those who have found knowledge. 10 Choose my instruction instead of silver,knowledge rather than choice gold, 11 for wisdom is more precious than rubies,and nothing you desire can compare with her.12“I, wisdom, dwell together with prudence;I possess knowledge and discretion. 13 To fear the Lord is to hate evil;I hate pride and arrogance,evil behavior and perverse speech. 14 Counsel and sound judgment are mine;I have insight, I have power. 15 By me kings reign and rulers issue decrees that are just; 16 by me princes govern,and nobles—all who rule on earth.8:16 Some Hebrew manuscripts and Septuagint; other Hebrew manuscripts all righteous rulers 17 I love those who love me,and those who seek me find me. 18 With me are riches and honor,enduring wealth and prosperity. 19 My fruit is better than fine gold;what I yield surpasses choice silver. 20 I walk in the way of righteousness,along the paths of justice, 21 bestowing a rich inheritance on those who love me and making their treasuries full.22“The Lord brought me forth as the first of his works, before his deeds of old; 23 I was formed long ages ago,at the very beginning, when the world came to be. 24 When there were no watery depths, I was given birth,when there were no springs overflowing with water; 25 before the mountains were settled in place,before the hills, I was given birth, 26 before he made the world or its fields or any of the dust of the earth. 27 I was there when he set the heavens in place,when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep, 28 when he established the clouds above and fixed securely the fountains of the deep, 29 when he gave the sea its boundary so the waters would not overstep his command,and when he marked out the foundations of the earth. 30 Then I was constantly at his side.I was filled with delight day after day,rejoicing always in his presence, 31 rejoicing in his whole world and delighting in mankind. 32 “Now then, my children, listen to me;blessed are those who keep my ways. 33 Listen to my instruction and be wise;do not disregard it. 34 Blessed are those who listen to me,watching daily at my doors,waiting at my doorway. 35 For those who find me find life and receive favor from the Lord. 36 But those who fail to find me harm themselves;all who hate me love death.”
- Will you answer the call if you resisted it the first time?
- What kept you from obeying the first time? Fear? Doubt? Worry? Disagreement?
- Deliver the message God has for you to speak!
As day 39 of 2020 begins, I would hate to miss giving the opportunity to anyone who hasn’t received Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Savior an opportunity to make the decision this early into 2020 and the blessing to get to live out the rest of 2020 in that power and that truth and that hope.
If you would like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, why not join me in this prayer?
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?