So getting back on schedule, getting back on task, getting back to things as we start this new year with a full week. I wake up rested after traveling thru different time zones, waking up way early in the other time zone, and dealing with the challenges of my stay while yet being able to spend time and have fun with family. I prepare for this new week after an incredible week of wisdom and hearing from God during my 3 day journey of fasting and prayer week. God is good! Even when the world may try to slip you up or slow you down, God is always good, God is always in control, and God always has a plan.
Day 13: 2020 Hindsight
— The 49-Week Challenge – Day 13 —
Let’s share our takeaways from today’s reading! Did you catch and promises to trust? Did you catch any commands to obey? Did you catch any truths to embrace? Did you catch any warnings to heed? Did you catch any encouragement to rest in? What did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about the world? What verse stood out most to you today?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from: (I have chosen to use NIV translation, but feel free to choose whichever version you feel more comfortable with)
- Who is leading? Who is preparing the way?
- God has gone before you preparing in advance the good works He has for you to accomplish.
- Who are you leading? Who are you preparing the way for? Where are you pointing people? Are you leading in the right direction?
- Are your words speaking to people the right messages?
- Are you turning back and turning others back to God?
- Are you producing good fruit?
- Have you been baptized in the Holy Spirit?
- Are you able to obey God in order to accomplish God’s will and fulfill His purpose and plans?
- Have you received Jesus as Your Lord and Savior and received His directions and instructions?
- Jesus is able to take away our disgrace, will you let Him?
- Have you been grafted onto the branch of God?
- Are you now a part of the family of God?
- As some have been pruned or cut off from the branch and thrown into the fire, others will be grafted onto the branch and become a part of God’s branch.
- Will you receive the comfort of God? Will you allow the peace of God that surpasses all understanding to comfort you?
- Will you make the most of your short time on this earth? God’s Word endures forever.
- Do you realize that God gently leads those that have young? Do you realize that God carries the lams close to His heart?
- Do you realize your value in the God?
- Do you realize that there is nothing we can compare God to?
- Do you realize that since there is nothing that compares to God that there is no reason or way to create any image of Him?
- Live with humility.
- Put your hope in the Lord and have your strength renewed.
- Allow the Lord to lift you up while you are low so that you can soar on wings like eagles.
- Allow the Lord to be your strength and endurance so that you can run and not grow weary and you can walk and not become faint.
- So let us praise the Lord in the ways we have available to us.
- Let us praise the faithfulness of the Lord
- Let us praise the love of the Lord
- Let us praise how He makes us glad
- Let us praise Him with joy for all that His hands have done
- Let us praise the works of the Lord!
As day 13 of 2020 begins, I would hate to miss giving the opportunity to anyone who hasn’t received Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Savior an opportunity to make the decision this early into 2020 and the blessing to get to live out the rest of 2020 in that power and that truth and that hope.
If you would like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, why not join me in this prayer?
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?