Ever wonder how big the world is? Ever considered the breadth, the depth, the height? Ever considered the creativity and the curiosity that was required to get flight? Ever considered the creativity and curiosity that was required to discover the parts of the world? Ever considered the creativity and curiosity that was required to leave the earth? Were there troubles? Yes of course there were. Were there trials? Yes of course there were. Were there exciting times because they didn’t give up and persevered? Yes to that one too. Ever talked to someone who has gone to space and heard about their faith in God? Ever consider what it would have taken back in the BC days for people to have traveled around the world compared to the blessings we have? Imagine a world without GPS. Imagine a world without flight to get around. Imagine even a world without the huge ships of today to get around the world. Imagine a world without trains to get across countries or continents. How would things be different now? Do you realize how blessed you are to live at such a time as this? Do you realize that people tended to stray away from God when things got to easy? Do you realize that people tended to stray away from God’s way when they started to get too proud believing that it was their idea alone and that they didn’t or don’t need God anymore? Imagine a flight across the US in under 6 hours. Imagine getting to see NASA through a visit to the Kennedy Space Center in Florida and meeting Tom Jones the astronaut. Imagine getting to watch your child play her sport all the way across the country in person for 2 games but then via technology on a phone or TV for the third game. There is so much to be grateful for. There is so much to be praising God for. Even in the midst of trials and troubles with rooms or hotels, there are still reasons for joy. We can stop and consider how in James we read:
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.— James 1:2-4
So be glad to get to go. Be glad to get to come. Be joyful through it all, giving God the praise, the honor, and the glory, in Jesus’s name. Amen.
Day 12: 2020 Hindsight
— The 49-Week Challenge – Day 12 —
Let’s share our takeaways from today’s reading! Did you catch and promises to trust? Did you catch any commands to obey? Did you catch any truths to embrace? Did you catch any warnings to heed? Did you catch any encouragement to rest in? What did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about the world? What verse stood out most to you today?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from: (I have chosen to use NIV translation, but feel free to choose whichever version you feel more comfortable with)
- Have you heard about Jesus? Did He amaze you?
- Have you had an encounter with Jesus? Did He transform you?
- Have you encountered the wisdom and strength of Jesus?
- Do you realize that Jesus is the son of God? The one and only Son who was given for you and for me so that we could believe and be saved.
- Consider how even as a child Jesus went with His parents to celebrate the Passover.
- Have you considered the things that have taken place during the time of the Passover? From the time when the Jewish people were in Egypt? From the time when Jesus was to be betrayed and crucified?
- How often are you willing to celebrate the festivals of God?
- How often are you willing to turn your heart and your mind back to God?
- Are you being fair about what has happened? Without partiality in order that justice is given?
- Are you worshiping the one and true God?
- What have you seen and heard about God? Do you feel the security from Him?
- Will you follow God for ever and ever? Will you allow Him to lead you until the very end?
- Will you seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness?
As day 12 of 2020 begins, I would hate to miss giving the opportunity to anyone who hasn’t received Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Savior an opportunity to make the decision this early into 2020 and the blessing to get to live out the rest of 2020 in that power and that truth and that hope.
If you would like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, why not join me in this prayer?
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?