Imagine gliding across the water at up to 26 MPH, bobbing, weaving, turning, and getting to see amazing things like alligators, turtles, and many varieties of birds. Reeds flying by, water splashing up from time to time. Exhilarating and amazing adventure where you can’t see where you are going but the drive is able to bring you thru what would appear to a path through the place. It kind of reminds me of where I have read that God will make a way even when there doesn’t seem to be a way. It kind of reminds me of where I have read that God knows the beginning from the end. It kind of reminds me of where I have read that nothing is a surprise to God. It kind of reminds me of where I have read that God know even before we ask what we have need of.
Day 11: 2020 Hindsight
— The 49-Week Challenge – Day 11 —
Let’s share our takeaways from today’s reading! Did you catch and promises to trust? Did you catch any commands to obey? Did you catch any truths to embrace? Did you catch any warnings to heed? Did you catch any encouragement to rest in? What did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about the world? What verse stood out most to you today?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from: (I have chosen to use NIV translation, but feel free to choose whichever version you feel more comfortable with)
- Do you realize how big of a deal it really is?
- Do you realize how important you are to God?
- Do you realize how far God will go to try and get you to choose and love Him?
- Do you realize there is a time and a place for everything?
- Do you realize that not everyone who acts like they are looking for your best interest really are?
- Do you realize that we need to listen and obey the prompting of the Holy Spirit what the truth is and what we are to do, like the warning received by the Magi?
- Do you realize that we need to listen and obey the direction of the Holy Spirit what we should do, like the direction and warning provided to Joseph because Herod was about to go and kill all the children and God had foretold how it would be said that “Out of Egypt I called my son” as well as when Joseph was directed to go back home which would fulfill what God had foretold of how “he would be called a Nazarene“?
- In Micah we even see how God foretold so long ago how Jesus would be born in Bethlehem.
- God has a plan that is good for those who will choose Him to be their Lord
- In Hosea, we learn about how Jesus was to be called out of Egypt.
- What is it going to take for people to turn back to God? Will it be natural disasters? Will it be storms? Will it be fire? Will it be flooding? Will it be wars or threats of wars? What is it going to take?
- What will it take for you to see clearly?
- What will it take for your ears to be opened in order to hear God’s word?
- Do you realize the protection God has put over you? Do you realize the blessings that are available to God’s people?
- Will you only speak what God gives you to speak?
- Do you realize there is a good way and a bad way to live your life?
- Do you realize there is a possibility of doing something accidentally or intentionally?
- Jesus is our redeemer! We have all missed the mark! Jesus paid it all!
As day 11 of 2020 begins, I would hate to miss giving the opportunity to anyone who hasn’t received Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Savior an opportunity to make the decision this early into 2020 and the blessing to get to live out the rest of 2020 in that power and that truth and that hope.
If you would like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, why not join me in this prayer?
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?