Some questions answered. Some plans revealed. Some ideas brought up. But now to pause and reflect on the time of prayer and to focus some time on family. The who has been revealed. The what list has begun. The how is tbd. The operating model still feels like it is up in the air. To hear from an astronaut… To experience a higher level of competition… Giving it all up to God so that His peace that surpasses all understanding will guard my heart and mind. Giving it all up to God so that His way, His plan, His purpose, and His will can be revealed as I seek first the king of God and His righteousness.
Day 9: 2020 Hindsight
— The 49-Week Challenge – Day 9 —
Let’s share our takeaways from today’s reading! Did you catch and promises to trust? Did you catch any commands to obey? Did you catch any truths to embrace? Did you catch any warnings to heed? Did you catch any encouragement to rest in? What did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about the world? What verse stood out most to you today?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from: (I have chosen to use NIV translation, but feel free to choose whichever version you feel more comfortable with)
- Ever needed perspective on how things should go or how things have gone down?
- Ever found that when you hear the story from more than one perspective you can have a better understanding of the situation?
- Imagine being Joseph before the encounter and hearing what Mary had to say.
- Imagine being Mary after Joseph had the encounter with the angel
- Imagine hearing each story from their individual perspectives and being able to combine them and realize God’s plan in and through their lives
- Imagine realizing the revelation that you are about to be a part of a prophesy from hundreds of years earlier
- When you have the full perspective you are able to see more clearly and more easily be able to commit and do what you are needed to do.
- We can’t let the lies and deception of the devil to cause fear that will keep us from what God has planned in advance for us
- Let us not be afraid but instead allow our faith to overcome our fear and go and do what God commands of us to do
- We need to stand firm in our faith!
- We can trust in God!
- Consider what is promised in the time of Isaiah.
- We need to turn back to God for He makes forgiveness available to us through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- We need to wait upon the Lord and He will renew our strength
- We need to put our hope in God for his love is unfailing
- We need to put our hope in God for his redemption is full
- We need to be good stewards
- We need to love our neighbors as ourselves
- We need to live out our lives doing good
- We need to follow God’s leading and guiding in order that through it all He will receive the praise, the honor, and the glory and we can live under the covering and blessings of God.
- We need to honor our father and mother as it is the first command with a promise that things will go well with us.
- We need to do good not evil
As day 9 of 2020 begins, I would hate to miss giving the opportunity to anyone who hasn’t received Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Savior an opportunity to make the decision this early into 2020 and the blessing to get to live out the rest of 2020 in that power and that truth and that hope.
If you would like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, why not join me in this prayer?
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?