Are you ready? How do you get ready when you aren’t sure what is around the corner? Do you start in God’s Word? Do you start with prayer? Do you just wing it? Where will your hope come from? Where will your help come from? My hope comes from the Lord! My help comes from the Lord! So I will start in God’s Word to get wisdom and allow the comforter and counselor (the Holy Spirit) to guide and guard my heart and mind. I will not lean on my own understanding but rather I will put my trust in God! I wait upon the Lord for I know that through Him I can receive a peace that surpasses all understanding. I know that God is a way maker, miracle worker, promise keeper, and light in the darkness.
Would you consider the 3 day challenge in order to be ready to accomplish the plans of God who put you right here and right now for such a day and such a time as this? What if it meant giving up something for those 3 days? What if it meant you had to give them up starting tomorrow? Would it have to be significant for you to even consider it? Would it have to be person for you to do it?
Day 6: 2020 Hindsight
— The 49-Week Challenge – Day 6 —
Let’s share our takeaways from today’s reading! Did you catch and promises to trust? Did you catch any commands to obey? Did you catch any truths to embrace? Did you catch any warnings to heed? Did you catch any encouragement to rest in? What did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about the world? What verse stood out most to you today?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from: (I have chosen to use NIV translation, but feel free to choose whichever version you feel more comfortable with)
- Do you realize the impact you can have on the future?
- Do you realize the impact of your decisions on history?
- Do you realize the legacy that you can produce?
- Consider the story of Ruth and its impact on the legacy that led to Jesus.
- Consider the story of Ruth and its impact on the legacy that led to King David.
- Consider the story of Ruth and the impact on the legacy that led to King Solomon.
- How will you deal with loss? How will you respond to trials, troubles, and challenges?
- Consider the response after such catastrophic loss and how Orpah responded to Naomi.
- Consider the response after such catastrophic loss and how Ruth responded to Naomi.
- Is it better to go back or to press on?
- Is it better to turn away or to turn back?
- Will you go it alone? Will you cling to God in the midst of it all?
- Will you choose to go where God sends you and to stay where God sends you?
- Is God’s plan to work in and through you by pressing on and going into the unknown with Him?
- Will you choose to be like Ruth who went with Naomi, into the unknown but knowing who you are following?
- Will you choose to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior and build a relationship with Him and make your life on top of Him as your rock and your foundation? Aligning your life with Him as your cornerstone?
- Where will you find favor? In whom will you find favor? Will you go there and work for the glory of God in order to provide for the needs of your family?
- Will you trust God and ask, praying God’s favor will lead and guide you? Will Ask, Seek, and Knock until that door opens and you are able to accomplish God’s will and plan and His purpose?
- Do you realize that God is going before you to prepare in advance the good work He has for you to accomplish?
- Will you live your life out with humility because of the favor You have found thanks to God?
- Will God’s peace that surpasses all understanding come over you in order that you are put at ease through His Words in order to be able to step up and step out and be everything that He has purposed and created you to be?
- Give credit where credit is due.
- Bless those that God has brought across your path to bless.
- Stay in the protection of the Lord!
- God has a plan and it is for good, He blessed you so that you can be a blessing to others.
- God has a purpose for you, He has positioned you for such a day and such a time as this.
- God has a way that is better than our own way, decide to follow His way and to pursue His plan and purpose for your life so that in and through your life He will receive the praise, the honor, and the glory in order that the legacy He desires for you may be fulfilled.
- Don’t allow fear to rob you of what God has prepared for you.
- Allow faith to lead and guide you and to overcome any fear that may come your way so that in and through your faith and obedience, God’s plan will be accomplished.
- It is amazing when you study God’s Word how we can see the connection of the past revealed in more recent times. We see how what we read about the genealogy of Jesus we can find in more details in the story of Ruth. We can see how through Ruth and Boaz, a son is board Obed who was the father of Jesse who happens to be the father of David who becomes King David.
- It is amazing to see how important genealogy is in the Bible and how through out the generations and the centuries how God’s Word, God’s purposes, and God’s plans is captured and revealed to us.
- Let’s do what we are to do according to God’s will. Don’t delay! Don’t put it off! Today, let’s do what God tells us to do!
Questions to consider:
- What do you learn about God, about yourself, or about the world?
- Is there one verse or thought that stands out to you today?
As day 6 of 2020 begins, I would hate to miss giving the opportunity to anyone who hasn’t received Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Savior an opportunity to make the decision this early into 2020 and the blessing to get to live out the rest of 2020 in that power and that truth and that hope.
If you would like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, why not join me in this prayer?
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?