Would you consider the 3 day challenge in order to be ready to accomplish the plans of God who put you right here and right now for such a day and such a time as this? What if it meant giving up something for those 3 days? What if it meant you had to give them up starting tomorrow? Would it have to be significant for you to even consider it? Would it have to be person for you to do it?
Day 5: 2020 Hindsight
— The 49-Week Challenge – Day 5 —
Let’s share our takeaways from today’s reading! Did you catch and promises to trust? Did you catch any commands to obey? Did you catch any truths to embrace? Did you catch any warnings to heed? Did you catch any encouragement to rest in? What did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about the world? What verse stood out most to you today?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from: (I have chosen to use NIV translation, but feel free to choose whichever version you feel more comfortable with)
- How well do you know your family? How well do you know or understand the dysfunction of your family? How well do you know how God was able to work in and through your family?
- What if there was a story of God’s promises?
- What if there was a story of God’s provision?
- What if there was a story of God’s salvation?
- What if there was a story of someone who would deprive someone of their rights?
- What if there was a story of betrayal and deception?
- What if there was a pattern? What if there were a fix number of generations between major events?
- What if there is a story of someone being wicked in God’s sight and required him be put to death?
- What if there is a story of duty and disobedience to God’s command?
- What if there is a story of deception and lying?
- What if there is a story of dress up or disguise and justice?
- What if there was a story of how something done in secret was brought into the light and revealed?
- What if there is a story of even as a child about to be born, the child reached out in order to become the first born even though he came out second?
- What if there is a story of visions and encounters with God?
- What if there is a story of promises from God?
- What if there is a story of God’s preparation for His people?
- What if there was a story about what man had planned for evil that got turned around and used for good by God?
- What if there was a story of reunion between father and son, who had believed to be dead but was alive?
- Will you consecrate your things to God?
- Will you take from what God has given you to give back to Him as an offering? The earth is the Lord’s and everything in it! Will you give out of reverence to the Lord?
Questions to consider:
- What do you learn about God, about yourself, or about the world?
- Is there one verse or thought that stands out to you today?
As day 5 of 2020 begins, I would hate to miss giving the opportunity to anyone who hasn’t received Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Savior an opportunity to make the decision this early into 2020 and the blessing to get to live out the rest of 2020 in that power and that truth and that hope.
If you would like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, why not join me in this prayer?
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?