Would you consider the 3 day challenge in order to be ready to accomplish the plans of God who put you right here and right now for such a day and such a time as this?
Day 4: 2020 Hindsight
— The 49-Week Challenge – Day 4 —
Let’s share our takeaways from today’s reading! Did you catch and promises to trust? Did you catch any commands to obey? Did you catch any truths to embrace? Did you catch any warnings to heed? Did you catch any encouragement to rest in? What did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about the world? What verse stood out most to you today?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from: (I have chosen to use NIV translation, but feel free to choose whichever version you feel more comfortable with)
- God has always been. God the Father. God the Son. God the Holy Spirit.
- God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit were apart of creation.
- God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit brought life.
- God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit brought light.
- Even in a dark world, the light cannot be overcome by darkness. Will you let your light shine? Will you lift it up so that its brightness will extend?
- God sent John to prepare the way for Jesus. God sent John through Elizabeth and Zechariah. God sent Jesus through Mary as the virgin mother with the support of Joseph.
- God sent John to bring the truth to the people and to testify about the light that was coming who is Jesus so that through him all might believe. John was not the light of the world but rather he came as a witness to the light.
- Although Jesus is the true light and gives light to everyone, He was in the world and He created the world, yet the world did not recognize Him!
- To become children of God, we need to receive Jesus.
- To become children of God, we need to believe in Jesus’s name.
- To become children of God, we need to be born again, not a natural birth, but being born again as a spiritual birth, born of God.
- The Word is referring to Jesus and He gave up being in heaven, became flesh humbly through birth as a child in order to make his dwelling among us.
- Jesus came that we could witness His glory, His glory as the one and only Son of God, who came from the loving Father, that loved us so much that He sent His one and only Son that whosoever would believe on Him would not perish but would receive everlasting life.
- Jesus came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
- Do you realize because people had forgotten or started to feel too comfortable over time, they strayed from God and His will and His way and required a messenger to point them back, like a voice crying out in the wilderness?
- Do you realize because people had become to proud and self-sufficient over time, they strayed from God and tried to go it their own way?
- Do you realize that when people stray from God they fail to act wisely or do good?
- Do you realize that when people stray from God they tend to commit themselves to a sinful course and do not reject what is wrong?
- But God is love!
- God’s love reaches to the heavens.
- God’s faithfulness reaches to the skies.
- God’s righteousness is like the highest mountains.
- God’s justice is like the great deep.
- God preserves both people and animals.
- God’s faithful love endures forever!
- God’s faithful love is priceless!
- We can take refuge in the shadow of His wings
- We feast on the abundance of God’s house, receiving drinks from His river of delights.
- Jesus is the fountain of life so that once we have received it we will never again become thirsty.
- Jesus is the light of the world and He allows us to see the light.
- God’s love continues to those who know Him.
- God’s righteousness continues to the upright in heart.
- Let’s stick close to God so that the proud won’t come against us.
- Let’s stick close to God so that the wicked won’t drive us away.
- Don’t lose hope or be focused on the past. Consider it pure joy when you face trials of many kinds because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
- Remember how God’s ways are not our ways but rather that His ways are higher than our ways and His ways are better than our ways. Remember that life happens to bring Him glory for His plans are for good and not for evil!
- Learn from the past and put all your hope and trust in God!
- There is a reason and a purpose for what is going on right now!
- Why not allow God’s Word to be precious to you?
- Why not listen to God’s Word with expectations?
- Why not allow God’s Word to fall gently on your ears to give you wisdom and discernment, hope and peace, love and joy?
- God has given us instructions on how to live life. He even provided a visual and an example through Jesus to help us better understand.
- Let’s consecrate ourselves as living sacrifices to God!
- Let’s finish the work that God has given us to accomplish!
- Let’s do the good works that God has prepared in advance for us to accomplish!
- I am here for such a day and such a time as this, because God has prepared in advance the good works He has for me to accomplish.
Questions to consider:
- What do you learn about God, about yourself, or about the world?
- Is there one verse or thought that stands out to you today?
As day 4 of 2020 begins, I would hate to miss giving the opportunity to anyone who hasn’t received Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Savior an opportunity to make the decision this early into 2020 and the blessing to get to live out the rest of 2020 in that power and that truth and that hope.
If you would like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, why not join me in this prayer?
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?