Day 3: 2020 Hindsight
— The 49-Week Challenge – Day 3 —
Let’s share our takeaways from today’s reading! Did you catch and promises to trust? Did you catch any commands to obey? Did you catch any truths to embrace? Did you catch any warnings to heed? Did you catch any encouragement to rest in? What did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about the world? What verse stood out most to you today?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from: (I have chosen to use NIV translation, but feel free to choose whichever version you feel more comfortable with)
- Do you have somewhere to go?
- Do you have a way to know?
- Have you received confirmation?
- If God gives you a calling, will you answer it and believe in it?
- Will you believe that God will fulfill His promises in and through your life?
- Do you realize the legacy that will come from you because of your belief and obedience to God’s calling on your life?
- Do you realize the impact on the world around you because you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior and agreed to follow Him the rest of the days of your life?
- Are you willing to walk out your life with humility?
- Are you willing to walk out your life in reverence to God?
- Don’t allow pride to trip you up or scatter you from where God desires and has planned for you to be!
- Don’t worry or fret, be humble and allow God to raise you up in His perfect timing!
- God will show Himself to be right. People may doubt or worry but God’s plans and purposes are perfect and will point them all back to Himself.
- Don’t be swayed by peer pressure or the ways of man, trust God’s plan and way, do it His way and allow Him to work in and through it all. (imagine the people who were there when John the Baptist was to receive his name. imagine their surprise when the mother and father both said it should be John and then Zechariah received his voice back and was able to share the encounter he had in the temple with the angel.)
- Doing it God’s way will cause others to anticipate and look for God’s hands and work through your obedience.
- Be sensitive to the work of the Holy Spirit in leading and directing your steps, your actions, and your words in order to help you in accomplishing God’s perfect will.
- Through Jesus we are able to serve God without fear, in holiness, in righteousness, all the days of our lives.
- God has created each of us on purpose, with purpose, and for a purpose.
- Will we accept it? Will we receive it? Will we do it? Will we believe? Will we obey?
- What wisdom is it that God wants you to share with others?
- What instruction is it that God has given you that you can testify about in order to help others learn about forgiveness and grace and mercy?
- How will God use us to help people come out of the darkness and the fear and into the light and the peace of God that surpasses all understanding?
- How can we serve those God has brought into our lives and across our paths for the glory of His kingdom?
- How will you testify to what God has spoken to you?
- How will you testify to what God has commanded you?
- How will you testify to what God has promised you?
- How will you testify to what God had done in and through you?
- Has God given you an idea, a promise, a command that has been birthed into you? Have you received it and believed it? Have you obeyed and walked it out? Have you testified to how it was accomplished and what it accomplished in and through you?
- In your weakness will you allow God to be your strength?
- In your hunger will you allow God to fill you?
- Will you testify how God brings death and makes alive?
- Will you testify how God brings down and raises up?
- Will you testify how God humbles and exalts?
- Will you live out a life that is pleasing to God?
- Will you live out a life that is faithful to God’s calling and commandments?
- Will you live out a life that demonstrates good stewardship so that one day you will get to hear Him say “Well done my good and faithful servant“?
- Don’t try to go through life in your own strength but rather lean in and lean on God for strength, wisdom, and direction.
- God will call you up in the right time!
- Be sensitive to the Holy Spirit’s prompting and direction
- Listen to the still quiet voice as He leads and guides your steps
- Don’t try to resist or reject God’s ways and commands.
- Don’t go against God’s will. Don’t miss the mark and miss out on the intercessor who is Jesus. Don’t reject Jesus. Don’t reject the Holy Spirit. Don’t reject the Father. Allow Jesus to be your Lord and Savior so that as He sits at the right hand of the Father interceding for you and for me, we can be reconciled to God.
- Honor God in order that He may honor you
- Don’t despise God and have to receive His disdain
- Let’s live out our lives as living sacrifices to God, living our lives in accordance to God’s heart and mind.
- Record what God has told you, done in and through you, so that you can testify of His great love and miracles.
- Will you choose to align with God and do His will?
- Will you return to God before it is too late and lose out on your life in this world and the world to come?
- Will you align to God and His will before it is too late and judgement comes?
- Will you receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior or will you choose to receive judgment based on your own life?
- Will you receive judgment or reward?
- Will you spend eternity with God or apart from God?
- Will your final destination be heaven or hell?
Questions to consider:
- What do you learn about God, about yourself, or about the world?
- Is there one verse or thought that stands out to you today?
As day 3 of 2020 begins, I would hate to miss giving the opportunity to anyone who hasn’t received Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Savior an opportunity to make the decision this early into 2020 and the blessing to get to live out the rest of 2020 in that power and that truth and that hope.
If you would like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, why not join me in this prayer?
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?