Day 2: 2020 Hindsight
— The 49-Week Challenge – Day 2 —
Let’s share our takeaways from today’s reading! Did you catch and promises to trust? Did you catch any commands to obey? Did you catch any truths to embrace? Did you catch any warnings to heed? Did you catch any encouragement to rest in? What did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about the world? What verse stood out most to you today?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from: (I have chosen to use NIV translation, but feel free to choose whichever version you feel more comfortable with)
- Are you being a joy and a delight to your parents? to your wife? to your kids? to your family? to your neighbors? to your community? to your church? to your workplace? to others?
- Are you shining the light of Jesus to the world around you?
- Are you pointing people through your life back to Jesus so that they can find forgiveness and reconciliation to God?
- Are you helping bring reconciliation not only to God but also between parents and kids?
- Are you helping bring reconciliation not only to God but also to bring the disobedient into the wisdom of righteousness?
- Are you helping bring reconciliation not only to God but also to prepare people and get them ready for an encounter with God?
- Ever questioned when you got a message that sounded too good to be true?
- Ever had to deal with the consequences of not receiving that message at face value until the timing was right?
- Ever seen the promise come true right before your very own eyes?
- Ever received a message that was too much to fully comprehend from God but because it was from God you received it as unbelievable as it may sound?
- Ever been labeled or received a description of who you are from God that seemed different than how you personally were feeling? (consider what God says in the picture below and how you can receive it and accept who He says you are)
- Ever been afraid because of an encounter from God but He provided a peace that surpasses all understanding and were able to receive it and step into it?
- Remember the words from today’s reading: “For no word from God will ever fail.“
- What role or mantel are you supposed to be taking up? John was to take up the mantel of Elijah, how about you?
- Will you be a bearer of Good News to the people God brings into your life?
- Will you revere the Lord and live with His joy in this life being able to go out and frolic?
- Will you live out your life following the law/commands of God?
- Will you take hold of the accomplishments of God? Like when we see the promise of Malachi 4 materialized through Luke 1?
- When you don’t know, will you turn to God? will you call to Him? Will you listen to the great and unsearchable things He has to tell you that you didn’t know?
- When you miss the mark or mess up, will you turn back to God and allow Him to bring forgiveness and cleansing?
- Will you believe what God has to say over what the words of man say?
- Will you trust His promises more than the words of man?
- Will you take hold of the truth that God is good and His love endures forever?
- Will you take hold of the promise from Jeremiah 33 that is revealed in Luke 1 and fulfilled through the person and life of Jesus?
- Do you know the difference between right and wrong? Will you choose to do wrong anyways? Are you willing to take that risk?
Questions to consider:
- What do you learn about God, about yourself, or about the world?
- Is there one verse or thought that stands out to you today? Talk to God about it.
As day 2 of 2020 begins, I would hate to miss giving the opportunity to anyone who hasn’t received Jesus into their lives as their Lord and Savior an opportunity to make the decision this early into 2020 and the blessing to get to live out the rest of 2020 in that power and that truth and that hope.
If you would like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, why not join me in this prayer?
Did you pray with me? Would you be willing to leave me a comment so that I can pray with and for you about such an incredible decision? Or if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment on my blog, why not email or text me instead?