Day 1: 2020 Hindsight
— The 49-Week Challenge – Day 1 —
Let’s share our takeaways from today’s reading! Did you catch and promises to trust? Did you catch any commands to obey? Did you catch any truths to embrace? Did you catch any warnings to heed? Did you catch any encouragement to rest in?
Today’s reading from God’s Word – the Bible comes to us from: (I have chosen to use NIV translation, but feel free to choose whichever version you feel more comfortable with)
- Are you keeping track of all the things that God has promised you and fulfilled?
- Are you keeping track so that you are able to use it to testify of what God has done in and through your life?
- Are you keeping track so that others may be able to learn through your testimony rather than having to go through the trials and troubles themselves?
- Have you ever been startled by an encounter with God or heavenly beings?
- Have you ever been gripped with fear by an encounter with God or heavenly beings?
- Ever laughed at how angles always say “do not be afraid” when then they show up to people who from having such an encounter are gripped with fear? Be it the angels who approached the shepherds in the field. Be it the angel who approached Zechariah in the template. Be it the angel who was sitting at the tomb when Mary showed up to check on Jesus’s body.
- Ever received a promise from God that seemed too big or too good to be true? Ever tried to resist or reject it? Ever had to go through a trial or ultimatum before you would just accept it and then allow God’s glory to be revealed in and through you?
- Have you ever been appointed a role by a leader or manager?
- Are you willing to accept God’s calling on your life and do what He is asking you to do?
- Are you willing to accept the position God has for you within the team? the organization? the community? the church?
- Are you willing to do you part of God’s ministry everywhere God sends or puts you?
- What is your appointed order of ministering in the church?
- What will you do to try and ensure that your legacy and future generations from your family to continue doing what is right in the eyes of the Lord and not be swayed away from God’s ways.
- Are you willing to make a covenant with God? to make a deal with God?
- Will you consecrate yourself and your family? Will you purify your house? your workplace? your community?
- Will you look for ways to bring people together for the glory of God?
- How have you accepted Jesus into your heart as your Lord and Savior in order to not need to sacrifice the offerings for the various sins?
- How have you chosen to worship God as a living sacrifice to God? Will you bring thank offerings and tithes to God for His purposes?
- How will you serve God and His people?
- What will be your part in the building of God’s temple, the church?
- Do you remember the seasons and your role in them? What is your role and your purpose in this upcoming season?
Questions to consider:
- What do you learn about God, about yourself, or about the world?
- Is there one verse or thought that stands out to you today? Talk to God about it.