The Story of Job. – Day 16
As I start this day and consider all that I have to be thankful for, it starts with: FOR THE
- My incredible wife – who is loving and caring and fits the bill of finding something good and who has helped me receive favor from the Lord.
- My children – who are gifts from God. From my oldest daughter to my youngest daughter to my son. They are all blessing me by being 3 John 1:4 children and walking in the truth.
- My extended family – my parents who raised me, my sister who grew up with me, my uncles, aunts, cousins, grandparents who loved me
- My friends – who grew up with me, who work with me, who put up with me, who go thru it with me
- My church – that pointed me to Jesus, that showed me to serve, that showed me the love of God, that showed me to lead, that shows me
- My job – where God positioned me for the second half of my life when he spoke Job 42:12 over it. With great managers and coworkers who are looking to make things better for people looking to make their own way through their own personal ventures.
- My home where I get to spend time with and have gotten to raise my family
- My incredible neighbors who have helped me to learn and grown living out in the country
This life isn’t always going to be easy but I can walk in the faith and the confidence of God’s Word and God’s promises. And EVEN THOUGH there are days where I feel like I am walking thru the valley of the shadow of death, I know I can fear no evil. EVEN THOUGH I couldn’t have my family together for thanksgiving this year, God has positioned us to be able to be where we need to be in order to accomplish His will and His purpose in and through the lives of others.
And I even take hold of the hard times. I remember those days when things were so tough and I grew bitter and wouldn’t forgive, but BECAUSE OF that I have learned the power of forgiveness and have been able to share that truth with so many others. BECAUSE OF the trials of betrayal and lies, I have learned how to forgive and share that truth with others going thru similar issues ever since.
Here is an opportunity given to me to share a Story Slam with my new workplace at the time and getting to share the power of forgiveness with them through my testimony.
I will get back into the book of Job’s text tomorrow but wanted to leave everything with a Happy Thanksgiving message not only FOR THE things God has given us but also EVEN THOUGH we had trials and troubles and especially BECAUSE OF what God was able to do in and through those times.
So where are you at today? Are you ready to lean into all that God has for you? Are you ready to persevere and trust and have your faith built up? My hope and prayer is that You will ask Jesus into your heart so that I will get to spend eternity in God’s presence with you. Are you ready for forgiveness and peace? Are you ready for a hope and a future? Are you ready for a transformation where the old is gone and the new has come? Are you ready to being the journey of knowing right from wrong? Then let’s pray together to invite Jesus into your heart and your life so that His peace which surpasses all understanding can guide you and comfort you, protect your heart and mind in Christ Jesus. If this is the first time you have prayed to invite Jesus into your heart, leave me a comment so that I can rejoice with the angels in Heaven. If this is a re commitment to Jesus, leave me a comment so that I can rejoice with the angels in Heaven. If you are still questioning or seeking, don’t go it alone, feel free to leave me a comment so we can discuss it.