The Bible tells us
“godliness with contentment is great gain.”(1Tim6:6)
Another translation puts it as
“true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth.”(1Tim6:6)
So if we will be
who are content
we get to be
in the very best place
Joy is a decision. It doesn’t come from having, it comes from choosing. It comes from what’s in your heart, not what is in order and under your control. Have you ever seen people who seem to have it all, everything that anyone could ever want, yet don’t seem to be filled with joy? Have you ever noticed that people who have everything the commercials tells you you need or want to be filled with joy don’t really measure up after the fact, or that the people who do have it all aren’t the ones who seem to be filled with joy and don’t seem to match up with the same character portrayed on TV?
Rather than buying into the hype, let’s grab onto God’s truth. Let’s let the joy of the Lord be our strength. And let’s see how true joy feels by following God’s lead.
Contentment is not about fame or being well-known. It isn’t about how much money you or the position you have at work or your social circle. Contentment isn’t found in your level of education or where you were born. Contentment is a matter of the heart, it is your heart attitude.
Are you thankful? Consider everything in your life, even to the point of the fact that you are alive to be reading this. What are you thankful for? There is nobody happier than a truly thankful person, a truly content person.
First consider the definition…
The word content means ‘being satisfied to the point where nothing disturbs you no matter what’s going on, but not satisfied to the point that you never want any change.’
Here is an interesting question for you…
Are you satisfied to the point where nothing disturbs you no matter what’s going on but not satisfied to the point that you never want any change?
As we consider the fact that we are ready and willing to let things change, God to work in us to make things better. As we consider that we are satisfied and content right where we are because we know God is at work and under His control, which means change is in progress and we know that the results will be visible to use in due time. Let’s walk in the peace of God that goes beyond understanding and not be disturbed with where we are right now.
We all have choices to make. So choose wisely – choose contentment and satisfaction every single day of your life. Choose to be thankful for all that God is and has been doing in your life. And see how incredible life will be.
Living with Contentment and Satisfaction
6 Well, religion does make us very rich, if we are satisfied with what we have.
1 Timothy 6:6
Prayer Starter (from today’s devotional):
God, I want to be content and satisfied with where I am, right here, right now. Give me the strength to choose to be content every single day.
I thank You Lord for this new day and for all that is within it. I praise You Lord for the incredible blessing, the incredible journey, the incredible hope, and the incredible life and love You have put into my life. I praise You God for the path You are bringing me down and I ask Lord that You will help me to grab onto the excitement that is coming my way and to internalize it as such. Lord, Your Word tells us to “fear not” and so I will keep and put my trust in You and walk in faith (the antidote to fear) for Lord I know that You have plans for me, to help me and not hinder me, to give me a hope and a future. I know Lord that You sent Your Son to save me and I hold onto that great true. I also lift up this world Lord. As I consider my blog and how even in the beginning of my posts You opened my eyes to Jesus’ return in the book of revelation. And even the signs of the times and even back in 2005 when I thought I could see the signs, I feel them even more now in 2012. God, my hope and trust are in You and Your Word that never return void. Lord, help me to walk in the courageous hope that comes from walking with You daily. Help me to walk with a thankful heart so that it would radiate and provide light and salt into the lives of those around me. Help me Lord to walk with contentment and satisfaction so that Lord there will be a noticeable difference that points people right back to You. Lord, You are so awesome. Give me wisdom Lord for every situation and every conversation. Help me Lord to be prepared for each day and situation You have for me. Lord, let Your people mount up as on wings like eagles and step out in faith believing and trusting in You. Help them Lord no matter where they are to not walk in fear of man, but in fear of You. Lord, help those who are preaching to preach the truth because of faith in You rather than fear of man. Lord, as I read Jeremiah’s readings yesterday to catch up and as I know I will be reading more today, I pray Lord that Your people who are called by Your name will humble themselves and pray, turn from their sins and that Lord it won’t be too late and that You will heal their lands. Lord, prepare me and prepare those around me to be ready for Jesus’ return, for the trumpet sound. Lord, thank You for this day and for Your plans and as I prepare to read from my Chronological devotional, I ask that You will continue to speak to me and guide my thoughts, my actions, and my steps that You may receive the praise, the honor, and the glory in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Verse of the Day
27 God’s plan is to make known his secret to his people, this rich and glorious secret which he has for all peoples. And the secret is that Christ is in you, which means that you will share in the glory of God. 28 So we preach Christ to everyone. With all possible wisdom we warn and teach them in order to bring each one into God’s presence as a mature individual in union with Christ.
Fearful to Fearless
In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.
Psalm 56:11 (KJV)
Believers know that man has no power except that which God has given him. When we trust in the promises of God we are not afraid.
Today – Day 222
- Jeremiah 10
- God’s ways are higher than our ways and definitely higher than the ways of those who don’t believe
- Put your trust in God, not in something made by the hands of man. something of wood or silver or gold, but turn to the one who created them all.
- Worship only the one true God
- In the end the idols will be burned up, but God will still be seated on His thrown.
- Are you ready to go? Will you be part of those who escape? Whose side are you on?
- Around the world, is the truth being preached? What is being taught?
21 The shepherds of my people have lost their senses. They no longer seek wisdom from the LORD. Therefore, they fail completely, and their flocks are scattered.
- Jeremiah’s Prayer
23 I know, LORD, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course.24 So correct me, LORD, but please be gentle. Do not correct me in anger, for I would die.25 Pour out your wrath on the nations that refuse to acknowledge you— on the peoples that do not call upon your name. For they have devoured your people Israel; they have devoured and consumed them, making the land a desolate wilderness.
- Jeremiah 11
- Remember the beginning, how this nation was founded and upon which rules, principles, truths, hope it was done.
- Remember how they drew closer to God and the nation has been blessed. How there were changes that needed to take place to transform us, but that is like life where we are works in progress that are being molded into the likeness of Christ as believers.
- When our ancestors were brought to this new place by God or when they made the trip to get to this new place, they were pursuing after God and desiring to obey Him.
- But look around this world at where various nations are. Consider the ones that are falling away from God and those that are drawing nearer to God. Consider the nations that are increasing in numbers their belief in Christ and those who are trying to sweep it away.
- Remember that it is all about choice, we have all been given freewill.
- Will we choose what creates blessings?
- Will we choose what creates curses?
- Are we desiring to live in a land flowing with milk and honey? Are we choosing in a way that provides or produces that?
- If that is what you want, then return to God and His covenant. Do everything it requires. It can be summarized in this way:
Love the Lord your God
with all your heart,
all your mind,
all your strength
Love your neighbor as yourself.
- Stop pursuing after Baal. Don’t be lead down the wrong path. Turn back to God before it is too late.
- Be sensitive to the Holy Spirit that you may have your path lead and guided according to God’s will.
- Will you stop preaching the WORD OF GOD, THE BIBLE, out of fear of man?
- Will you continue to preach the WORD OF GOD, THE BIBLE, out of honor and trust in God
- Wondering why evil people are so happy?
- Do you hear them use God’s name on their lips, but then find that He is far from their hearts?
- God knows the beginning from the end. His hope is that nobody would perish, but come to everlasting life through Jesus Christ.
- I remember running around the field with the Misty and thinking to myself the verse that I read in Jeremiah. I considered it as training based on what God spoke to Jeremiah.
16 “For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. 17 God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him. 18 “There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son.19 And the judgment is based on this fact: God’s light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil.20 All who do evil hate the light and refuse to go near it for fear their sins will be exposed. 21 But those who do what is right come to the light so others can see that they are doing what God wants.”
5 “If racing against mere men makes you tired,
how will you race against horses?
If you stumble and fall on open ground,
what will you do in the thickets near the Jordan?
- Are there any nations that will stand up and be counted for God? Or has the time come for Jesus’ return?
- Jeremiah 13
- Don’t walk in your own arrogance and pride, but humble yourself before God before it is too late
- God created us to cling onto Him. We were to be His people, His pride, His glory – an honor to His name, but will you listen to Him?
- Unity is so important and alignment with the Lord is key. When this doesn’t happen it leads to trouble.
12 “So tell them, ‘This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: May all your jars be filled with wine.’ And they will reply, ‘Of course! Jars are made to be filled with wine!’
13 “Then tell them, ‘No, this is what the LORD means: I will fill everyone in this land with drunkenness—from the king sitting on David’s throne to the priests and the prophets, right down to the common people of Jerusalem. 14 I will smash them against each other, even parents against children, says the LORD. I will not let my pity or mercy or compassion keep me from destroying them.’”
A Warning against Pride
15 Listen and pay attention! Do not be arrogant, for the LORD has spoken.16 Give glory to the LORD your God
before it is too late. Acknowledge him before he brings darkness upon you, causing you to stumble and fall on the darkening mountains. For then, when you look for light,
you will find only terrible darkness and gloom.17 And if you still refuse to listen, I will weep alone because of your pride. My eyes will overflow with tears, because the LORD’s flock will be led away into exile.18 Say to the king and his mother, “Come down from your thrones
and sit in the dust, for your glorious crowns will soon be snatched from your heads.”19 The towns of the Negev will close their gates, and no one will be able to open them.
The people of Judah will be taken away as captives. All will be carried into exile.20 Open up your eyes and see the armies marching down from the north! Where is your flock— your beautiful flock— that he gave you to care for?21 What will you say when the LORD takes the allies you have cultivated and appoints them as your rulers?
Pangs of anguish will grip you, like those of a woman in labor!22 You may ask yourself, “Why is all this happening to me?” It is because of your many sins! That is why you have been stripped and raped by invading armies.23 Can an Ethiopian change the color of his skin? Can a leopard take away its spots? Neither can you start doing good,
for you have always done evil.24 “I will scatter you like chaff that is blown away by the desert winds.25 This is your allotment, the portion I have assigned to you,” says the LORD, “for you have forgotten me, putting your trust in false gods.26 I myself will strip you and expose you to shame.27 I have seen your adultery and lust, and your disgusting idol worship out in the fields and on the hills.
What sorrow awaits you, Jerusalem! How long before you are pure?”