2 Thessalonians 3:11-12
11 Indeed, we hear that some among you are disorderly [that they are passing their lives in idleness, neglectful of duty], being busy with other people’s affairs instead of their own and doing no work.12 Now we charge and exhort such persons [as ministers in Him exhorting those] in the Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah) that they work in quietness and earn their own food and other necessities.
A busybody is a gossip. An idle person who doesn’t work ends up filling his or her time with less than helpful activities, like gossip. Rumors and hearsay are tantalizing, exciting to hear, and make us feel like insiders. But they tear people down. If you often find your nose in other people’s business, you may be underemployed. Look for a task to do for Christ or for your family, and get to work.
I thank You Lord for this new day and for all that is within it. I praise You Lord for a Word that is true and everlasting. I thank You Lord for an incredible day of service and getting to spend time with my family. I thank You Lord for my incredible wife and children. I thank You Lord for the incredible changes that You have brought into my life this year and for the opportunities that You are enabling me to be a part of. I thank You Lord for the favor and the open doors that You have shown me. This has been a great year Lord that is filled with so many things for me to be thankful for. Most of all Lord, I am thankful for the time I was able to spend with You as I walked through the valley as it lifted me up, it helped me persevere and press on, it helped me to not give up even though it was hard and unpleasant, You provided me with a truth that freed me – there is no such word as unforgiveness – and the truth that “bitterness is like taking poison and expecting it to kill someone else”. Lord, as I step out today and Lord as You guide my time and steps, may You be my focus and help me to share Your hope and Your love with those in my life. Help me Lord to share the truth and be able to encourage others because of the hope that is within me. Lord, You have provided me with a platform where people share their pains and sorrows, their challenges and concerns, their problems and obstacles. Lord, help me to shine as the moon who reflects the sun, that I may reflect Your Son into the lives of those who are around me. Help me to be busy in doing Your work, not being a busybody, but helping to build up rather than tear down others, speaking with hope and love to encourage others in Your will and Your way. Lord, Your Word speaks of how You will correct and direct us and I pray that even if I have to share a tough message that You will help me to speak it in love and truth so that it will glorify and magnify You. Thank You Lord for this time this morning in Your Word as it prepares my mind and my heart for what will be coming. Lord this helps me to be ready for what I know is coming as well as the unknown because I know and believe and trust that You are going before me to prepare a way, You are coming behind me to protect my back, and that Lord in all that I say and all that I do Lord, I pray that You will receive the praise, the honor, and the glory in Jesus’ holy and glorious name. Amen.
Verse of the Day
12 Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the man whom You discipline and instruct, O Lord, and teach out of Your law,13 That You may give him power to keep himself calm in the days of adversity, until the [inevitable] pit of corruption is dug for the wicked.
Today – Day 146
- Psalm 131
- Fear Not, Just believe. Put your hope and trust in God forever.
- Psalm 138
- When you call God will hear you, He will strengthen you with strength to your inner self.
- Let’s celebrate the ways of the Lord and His mighty acts – let’s give Him all the glory.
- When we are walking through trouble and challenges, God will revive us, He will stretch forth His hand against the wrath putting out His right hand to save us.
- God will use all things for good, that we may be perfected becoming more like Jesus because of His mercy and loving-kindness which endure forever.
- Psalm 139
- God knows us better than we know ourselves. He knows when we get up and when we sit down. He searches and sifts our path and knows all our ways.
- God is with you, it is impossible to hide from God, where ever you try to hide He is there.
- God created us, He knows our most inner workings, He knit us together in our mother’s womb.
- Let’s worship and honor God
- We weren’t mistakes, God created each of us with a purpose, for such a day and such a time as this.
- 16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in Your book all the days [of my life] were written before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them.
- God’s thoughts towards us are good. They are so big and so wonderful that it would be hard for us to fully grasp His greatness, His love, and His plans for us.
- 17 How precious and weighty also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them! 18 If I could count them, they would be more in number than the sand. When I awoke, [could I count to the end] I would still be with You.
- Turn to God and ask him to search you and to remove anything that is wicked or hurtful from within you so that you may walk in His leading to everlasting life.
- Psalm 143
- None of us can measure up in our own strength. For we have all fallen short of the glory of God. We have all missed the mark, missing the bull’s-eye no matter how hard we have tried. The issue with that is that the wages of sin (missing the mark) is death, an eternal separation from God.
- But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. So rather than being down that we aren’t measuring up and aren’t perfect marksmen, turn to Jesus, God’s answer for us, for while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us, God loves us so much that He sent Jesus to come as an innocent sacrifice that we could be reconciled back to Him.
- So let’s call on the name of Jesus and be saved. Let’s confess with our mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in our hearts that God raised Jesus from the dead. Let’s believe with our heart that will produce righteousness, and confess with our mouths that we may be saved.
- If you haven’t been saved, realize this that Jesus is standing at the door of your heart knocking, if you will heart it and open the door, He will come in.
- (Romans 3:21, Romans 6:23, Romans 5:8, Romans 10:13, Romans 10:9-10, Revelation 3:20)
- Psalm 144
- The Lord is my Rock, my Strength, my steadfast Love, my Fortress, my High Tower, my Deliverer, my Shield
- Give thanks to the Lord, give Him praise. Come to Him with Thanksgiving and Praise
- Never forget… Remember…Happy and blessed are the people whose God is the Lord!
- Psalm 145
- Declare God’s greatness
- God is gracious and full of compassion, slow to anger and abounding in mercy and loving kindness.
- Let’s praise the creator rather than the creations.
- When you call upon the Lord, call upon Him sincerely and in truth.
- Reverently and worshipfully fear the Lord
- Love the Lord with all your heart, all your mind, all your strength