3 And this is eternal life: [it means] to know (to perceive, recognize, become acquainted with, and understand) You, the only true and real God, and [likewise] to know Him, Jesus [as the] Christ (the Anointed One, the Messiah), Whom You have sent.
How do we get eternal life? Jesus tells us clearly here-by knowing God the Father himself through his Son, Jesus Christ. Eternal life requires entering into a personal relationship with God in Jesus Christ. When we admit our sin and turn away from it, Christ’s love lives in us by the Holy Spirit.
I thank You Lord for this new day and for all that is within it. I praise You Lord that You are looking out for me so that I may walk in Your light, for Your Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. Each day You speak truth and hope and love to me through Your Word as I start my day and then through Your Spirit and others during the day. Thank You for the still quiet voice that prompts and encourages me. Thank You for the discernment that helps me to grab onto the things that come from You and let go off and rebuke the attacks of the devil. Lord, there is no one like You. Lord, there is no one who can touch my heart like You do. Please help me today Lord as I open a new door to meeting some new people to welcome them with Your love and reflect You into their lives as the moon reflects the sun, may I reflect the light of Jesus, Your Son. Lord, help me I pray to be patient and not lose patience. Help me to be the husband, the father, the son, the brother, the friend, the co-worker, the friendly guy walking down the way for people today Lord. Help me to be someone who puts a smile on people’s face and is able to be an encourager and a hope bearer for others. I thank You Lord. I love You Lord. And as I say that I keep hearing back the same words my mom uses on me, “I love you more”. I can remember when I was younger trying to argue the point, but being a parent now, I can understand and relate not only with my earthly parents, but also with my Heavenly Father, that parents do tend to love their kids more. So Lord as I step out and start this day, may You receive all the praise, the honor, and the glory, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Verse of the Day
34 And Jesus called [to Him] the throng with His disciples and said to them, If anyone intends to come after Me, let him deny himself [forget, ignore, disown, and lose sight of himself and his own interests] and take up his cross, and [joining Me as a disciple and siding with My party] follow with Me [continually, cleaving steadfastly to Me].35 For whoever wants to save his [higher, spiritual, eternal] life, will lose it [the lower, natural, temporal life which is lived only on earth]; and whoever gives up his life [which is lived only on earth] for My sake and the Gospel’s will save it [his higher, spiritual life in the eternal kingdom of God].
Today – Day 64
- Numbers 23
- Speak what God gives you to speak. It isn’t about what people want to hear or why people brought you to talk. It is about being obedient to God and saying, sharing, speaking what God has given you to speak.
- 3 And Balaam said to Balak, Stand by your burnt offering and I will go. Perhaps the Lord will come to meet me; and whatever He shows me I will tell you. And he went to a bare height.4 God met Balaam, who said to Him, I have prepared seven altars, and I have offered on each altar a bull and a ram.5 And the Lord put a speech in Balaam’s mouth, and said, Return to Balak and thus shall you speak.6 Balaam returned to Balak, who was standing by his burnt sacrifice, he and all the princes of Moab.7 Balaam took up his [figurative] speech and said: Balak, the king of Moab, has brought me from Aram, out of the mountains of the east, saying, Come, curse Jacob for me; and come, violently denounce Israel.8 How can I curse those God has not cursed? Or how can I [violently] denounce those the Lord has not denounced?9 For from the top of the rocks I see Israel, and from the hills I behold him. Behold, the people [of Israel] shall dwell alone and shall not be reckoned and esteemed among the nations.10 Who can count the dust (the descendants) of Jacob and the number of the fourth part of Israel? Let me die the death of the righteous [those who are upright and in right standing with God], and let my last end be like theirs! 11 And Balak said to Balaam, What have you done to me? I brought you to curse my enemies, and here you have [thoroughly] blessed them instead!12 And Balaam answered, Must I not be obedient and speak what the Lord has put in my mouth?
- Even if they ask you to change the message or give them a different message, you need to deliver the message God gives you.
- 13 Balak said to him, Come with me, I implore you, to another place from which you can see them, though you will see only the nearest and not all of them; and curse them for me from there.14 So he took Balaam into the field of Zophim to the top of [Mount] Pisgah, and built seven altars, and offered a bull and a ram on each altar.15 Balaam said to Balak, Stand here by your burnt offering while I go to meet the Lord yonder.16 And the Lord met Balaam and put a speech in his mouth, and said, Go again to Balak and speak thus.17 And when he returned to Balak, he was standing beside his burnt offering, and the princes of Moab with him. And Balak said to him, What has the Lord said?18 Balaam took up his [figurative] discourse and said: Rise up, Balak, and hear; listen [closely] to me, son of Zippor.19 God is not a man, that He should tell or act a lie, neither the son of man, that He should feel repentance or compunction [for what He has promised]. Has He said and shall He not do it? Or has He spoken and shall He not make it good?20 You see, I have received His command to bless Israel. He has blessed, and I cannot reverse or qualify it.21 [God] has not beheld iniquity in Jacob [for he is forgiven], neither has He seen mischief or perverseness in Israel [for the same reason]. The Lord their God is with Israel, and the shout of praise to their King is among the people. 22 God brought them forth out of Egypt; they have as it were the strength of a wild ox.23 Surely there is no enchantment with or against Jacob, neither is there any divination with or against Israel. [In due season and even] now it shall be said of Jacob and of Israel, What has God wrought!24 Behold, a people! They rise up as a lioness and lift themselves up as a lion; he shall not lie down until he devours the prey and drinks the blood of the slain.25 And Balak said to Balaam, Neither curse them at all nor bless them at all.26 But Balaam answered Balak, Did I not say to you, All the Lord speaks, that I must do?
- God is immovable. He is our rock and fortress. He is our strong tower. His Word is true.
- 27 And Balak said to Balaam, Come, I implore you; I will take you to another place. Perhaps it will please God to let you curse them for me from there.28 So Balak brought Balaam to the top of [Mount] Peor, that overlooks [the wilderness or desert] Jeshimon.29 And Balaam said to Balak, Build me here seven altars, and prepare me here seven bulls and seven rams.30 And Balak did as Balaam had said, and offered a bull and a ram on each altar.
- Numbers 24
- It isn’t about rituals or religion for the sake of people who are watching. It is about hearing from God and speaking what He gives us to speak. What has He give you to say today?
- 1 WHEN BALAAM saw that it pleased the Lord to bless Israel, he did not go as he had done each time before [superstitiously] to meet with omens and signs in the natural world, but he set his face toward the wilderness or desert.2 And Balaam lifted up his eyes and he saw Israel abiding in their tents according to their tribes. And the Spirit of God came upon him3 And he took up his [figurative] discourse and said: Balaam son of Beor, the man whose eye is opened [at last, to see clearly the purposes and will of God],4 He [Balaam] who hears the words of God, who sees the vision of the Almighty, falling down, but having his eyes open and uncovered, he says:5 How attractive and considerable are your tents, O Jacob, and your tabernacles, O Israel!6 As valleys are they spread forth, as gardens by the riverside, as [rare spice] of lignaloes which the Lord has planted, and as cedar trees beside the waters. 7 [Israel] shall pour water out of his own buckets [have his own sources of rich blessing and plenty], and his offspring shall dwell by many waters, and his king shall be higher than Agag, and his kingdom shall be exalted.8 God brought [Israel] forth out of Egypt; [Israel] has strength like the wild ox; he shall eat up the nations, his enemies, crushing their bones and piercing them through with his arrows.9 He couched, he lay down as a lion; and as a lioness, who shall rouse him? Blessed [of God] is he who blesses you [who prays for and contributes to your welfare] and cursed [of God] is he who curses you [who in word, thought, or deed would bring harm upon you].
- It is more important to do the will of God than any material based reward.
- 10 Then Balak’s anger was kindled against Balaam, and he smote his hands together; and Balak said to Balaam, I called you to curse my enemies, and, behold, you have done nothing but bless them these three times.11 Therefore now go back where you belong and do it in a hurry! I had intended to promote you to great honor, but behold, the Lord has held you back from honor.12 Balaam said to Balak, Did I not say to your messengers whom you sent to me,13 If Balak would give me his house full of silver and gold, I cannot go beyond the command of the Lord, to do either good or bad of my own will, but what the Lord says, that will I speak?14 And now, behold, I am going to my people; come, I will tell you what this people [Israel] will do to your people [Moab] in the latter days.15 And he took up his [figurative] discourse, and said: Balaam son of Beor speaks, the man whose eye is opened speaks,16 He speaks, who heard the words of God and knew the knowledge of the Most High, who saw the vision of the Almighty, falling down, but having his eyes open and uncovered:17 I see Him, but not now; I behold Him, but He is not near. A star (Star) shall come forth out of Jacob, and a scepter (Scepter) shall rise out of Israel and shall crush all the corners of Moab and break down all the sons of Sheth [Moab’s sons of tumult]. 18 And Edom shall be [taken as] a possession, [Mount] Seir also shall be dispossessed, who were Israel’s enemies, while Israel does valiantly.19 Out of Jacob shall one (One) come having dominion and shall destroy the remnant from the city.20 [Balaam] looked at Amalek and took up his [prophetic] utterance, and said: Amalek is the foremost of the [neighboring] nations, but in his latter end he shall come to destruction.21 And he looked at the Kenites and took up his [prophetic] utterance, and said: Strong is your dwelling place, and you set your nest in the rock.22 Nevertheless the Kenites shall be wasted. How long shall Asshur (Assyria) take you away captive?23 And he took up his [prophetic] speech, and said: Alas, who shall live when God does this and establishes [Assyria]?24 But ships shall come from Kittim [Cyprus and the greater part of the Mediterranean’s east coast] and shall afflict Assyria and Eber [the Hebrews, certain Arabs, and descendants of Nahor], and he [the victor] also shall come to destruction.25 And Balaam rose up, returned to his place, and Balak also went his way.
- Numbers 25
- Imagine God making a covenant with you and your family of peace. An everlasting covenant because you had a heart for God.