Word from TGIF – Today God Is First – Devotional
Control—Control is one of the first tests.
- Are you trying to control everything or are you willing to let God be in control?
- Giving Him the steering wheel for every area of your life.
- Letting Him have all the pieces and moves in your life?
Bitterness—Every major character in the Bible was hurt by another person at one time or another.
- How will you react if someone hurts you?
- Will you take offence?
- Will you retaliate?
- Will you hold onto it or release into God’s hands?
- Will forgive them as we are forgiven by the blood of Jesus who paid the ultimate sacrifice?
Power—Power is the opposite of servanthood. … There is a common phrase in the investment community, “He who has the gold rules.” Jesus modeled the opposite. He was the ultimate servant leader.
- How will you react to power given to you?
- Will you use it to get more?
- Will you use it to serve (help & influence) others?
Greed—This is a difficult one. Money has the ability to have great influence for either good or bad. When it is a focus in our life, it becomes a tool of destruction. When it is a by-product, it can become a great blessing.
- Is money a focus of your life? (God’s word says you can’t server two masters(
- Is money a by-product of your life?
- Are you being blessed as a vessel of God?
- Do you hold on tight or do you act as a hose that can be used by God to send blessings from heaven into other people’s lives?
As leaders, we must be aware when we are being tested. You can be confident that each one of these tests will be thrown your way if God calls you for His purposes. Will you pass these tests? Ask for God’s grace today to walk through these tests victoriously.